Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting service concerns hoarding and/or sharing specific content on a web hosting server managed by a web hosting provider. There are various groups of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's have a glimpse at them. In this way, you can elect what you want, depending on whether you desire to own a website, email aliases, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service made available by some companies, which lets you share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file storage accounts frequently include ads next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a particular stretch of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly improper explanation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would split the load between different sets of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different web page hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a kind of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific suppliers provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting kind is good if you would like to share a huge number of pictures with pals or acquaintances since the service is usually free of cost. You will get a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your mailbox accounts. Some providers offer hosting services for websites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to create an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can set up e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and several hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will permit you to operate as many videos as you desire without bothering about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to run a site. To some degree, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload videos, and so on. At WebHost-ing.com, for instance, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in one single place. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse compared with the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are made for specific content exclusively.